UK Hooligans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donating Discussion

5 posters

Go down

Donating Discussion Empty Donating Discussion

Post by Papasworld Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:57 am

I think we should have a discussion on the nature of donating troops. Mainly this comes after one of our clan members was particularly ungrateful about receiving a certain level of troop that was perceived not to be good enough for their needs.

First of all, let's not point fingers about this incident. It happened, people let their feelings be known so let's move on. But, to try and stop this happening again, let's try and clarify our expectations for donations eh?

As a clan, we don't have a minimum donation limit like many (many) other clans. I feel this is a good thing as it means our clan members can feel secure in their position in the clan without feeling any kind of pressure. For example, by enforcing a minimum donation limit, you could go on holiday and get kicked for it. Not good. A stable clan is a happy clan in my books.

By the same token, I don't want members to start feeling resentful about donating troops when others aren't. Maybe people don't want to donate troops because they feel theirs 'aren't good enough'? The above incident would only serve to enforce that view and another reason for this thread.

The simple fact of the matter is, no matter what level troops you have, they will always be gratefully received. Just donate what you can and what you can comfortably afford. If it's going to reduce your gold/elixir to zero then don't donate. Wait until you've got enough for yourself and if you've got a few spare lying around, then donate away. I will gladly take any level 1 barbarians off your hands. They, and any other troop, can seriously make a difference to a successful raid or defence. I've lost count of the number of times a failing raid has been turned around by my clan castle.

Also, the past few days it has been incredibly difficult to actually donate as the donation box has disappeared before I could even press a button. This is great as it means people are clamouring to fill your castle but it also means that donations from everyone aren't equal. I wouldn't want the 'donation race' to stop but while this happens, we can't accuse people of not donating enough. Does that make sense? Hope so.

Donating is an integral part of the clan experience and I think on the whole we do a great job of making sure all our clan castles are full to the brim. But, there's also a lot more to being in a clan such as ours where the focus is on the social and fun aspects and I wouldn't want donating to be the be-all and end-all.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Are you resentful to those who don't donate as much as you? Are there any reasons why you feel you can't or don't want to donate? Have we got a good balance? Should we have a donation limit or be kicked? Do we even need this discussion? Very Happy

Papasworld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Donating Discussion Empty Re: Donating Discussion

Post by Monk3y Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Papas
I don't believe we need a donation limit and get kicked if you don't donate I think most of us are doing this for fun. I just think we should carry on just the way we are going and be a happy clan. I donate what I can when i can. You are rite that any donation is a good donation I never look in my castle to see what people have sent me just grateful that they have bothered. Sometimes every troop you have counts am just happy that people fill my castle for me. Hope this helps, but its only my view on it.
Monk3y
Monk3y

http://Www.lboro.ac.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Papasworld Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Thanks monkey, that's a good insight from our top donater!

Papasworld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk3y Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Well it's a nice feeling to help out others in their time of need.
Monk3y
Monk3y

http://Www.lboro.ac.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave1 Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Must admit I'm against min donations,as monkey said to me recently,I don't mind asking for troops as I donate a bit.however I do feel some members could make more of an effort.the level of troops donated shouldn't matter,as has been said before even level 1 troops can make a differance!!!!! The race was a bit of fun but I do agree that maybe it's gone too far and maybe it's stopping other members donating.i for one will be donating only when I see someone waiting for troops, on aside note I think it's a shame more members aren't using this forum to give an opinion,hopefully more will register soon !!! Smile

Dave1

Back to top Go down

Post by Papasworld Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Thanks Dave and a good point well made. I also agree that we should try and make use of this more.

Papasworld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davedog1975 Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Just on the subject again of donating as its happened again wit Ann Louise,I won't donate again to any1 who doesn't ever say thanks or be ungrateful about what I send. Infuriated at her or his manor is an understatement, I know we can go offline and miss the donator "s" but we do all try n say thanks when we come back on and that's what makes this clan a very good 1. Anyway that's my rant over for today! Lol
Davedog1975
Davedog1975

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom G Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:59 am

I think the donation subject is a subject not worth speaking about. It is very difficult to donate, but can also be seen as thrilling racing to fill someone else' clan castle! If you get what i mean? But if people do not donate, whether they do or do not have time to donate, it shouldn't matter! People enjoy having friendly users and clan members and should therefore we strive in that area. I do not think that this is a very pressing issue at all. Just have a good time and follow your rules of having FUN.

Tom G out...

Tom G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down